La Cresta Real Estate - Plateau
When shopping for Real Estate in LaCresta, Tenaja and surrounding Santa Rosa Plateau associations, there are many variables to consider: views, accessibility, privacy, proximity to amenities, usability of the land, connecting trails, habitat restrictions, and many others. Once you decide what is of utmost importance to you and your family, your next step is enlisting a knowledgeable Plateau-resident Realtor to assist in helping you the perfect home!
Here are some tidbits from our local Real Estate Professional, Kelly Smith, who lives in La Cresta and is very well versed in the intricacies of the area:
- Many people refer to the entire Santa Rosa Plateau as “La Cresta”, yet there are actually several Associations, all with their individual CC&Rs and dues.
- Property Owners Associations (POA) include: La Cresta, La Cresta Highlands, Santa Rosa West, Meadow Oaks, The Trails at Santa Rosa, and Tenaja (a Community Service District).
- All properties in La Cresta and the Santa Rosa Plateau are at least 5 acres in size. Some are larger. Santa Rosa West has a 10-acre minimum.
- Most properties are zoned Residential Rural – RR5/10/20.
- Some are zoned Residential Agricultural – RA5/10/20.
- Prices range from under $100,000 for vacant land, to over $7,000,000 for grand estates.
Some other things to keep in mind depending on what is important to your lifestyle:
- Do you ride horses? If so, what style? If you ride trails, we will help you find a house near the trails so that you are not forced to trailer your horses to a trail every time you want to go for a ride. If you prefer an arena, you will obviously need a property with an arena, or the appropriate parcel to accommodate one.
- If you plan to farm, similar considerations are in play, such as soil conditions, the presence of a well, or the ability to install one (some areas are better than others).
- Parents shuttling their kids to school and after-school activities need to be aware of how far into the Plateau they live.
The Plateau has a variety of property options: View, Flat for Horses, Close to Entrance, Remote and Private, Fancy, Rustic…It is really important to understand all of the nuances of living on the Plateau before you commit. A resident Realtor is your best bet.
La Cresta has been a part of everything I do – from the dogs I rescue to the businesses that my husband and I have been blessed to build. I love this place for the ability to be private, yet have the social outlets, such as potlucks, luncheons, game nights, and annual Plateau events. I have friends that I see only monthly at functions and yet feel connected, as we all share the mission to watch out for each other and raise the bar on service and community. I love it here and cannot wait to share our beautiful Plateau with you!”
-LaCresta Land and Estate Specialist
Instant Listing Alerts
Use our cutting-edge property search, including polygon map search, to find homes for sale in La Cresta and the surrounding Santa Rosa Plateau. To stay informed of the latest listings that meet your needs, be sure to register for a free account. Save your favorite properties, analyze community data, and request a private showing, all from within your personal dashboard — it’s fast, easy, and 100% FREE!